Translate

Wednesday 5 March 2014

12 Years a Slave


Set in the late 19th century,12 Years a Slave is about a middle class man named Solomon Northup. He was a skilled carpenter and talented violin player who went to Washington D.C, because he gets offered a two week job as a musician. He was kidnaped, and sold to slavery in Red River, Louisiana where he was forced to work on a cotton farm.

Solomon was abused and threatened with guns if he didn't do the work. All the slaves tell him that, "if you don't want to be a slave you don’t do the work, you just don't do what they tell you". But Solomon said “I don’t want to do the work, but I want to live. I want to see my family again.”
Solomon obeyed the rules and tried to please his master. When he's accused of not doing things right he argues back accusing white people of "being the problem" not his work. Solomon has no option but to run.   

I recommend this movie because it will tell you about what it was like in 1894.
 Trailer

1 comment:

  1. I really liked your blog post Harrison it sounds like a really good movie you tolled me all about the movie and its story line.

    ReplyDelete