Translate

Thursday 5 June 2014

Science Behind Glowsticks

What I think now (before we start)
I think that the snap of a glow stick is a chemical reaction with the with the stuff inside of the plastic and the liquid.

What I think now (after hearing others’ ideas)
There is a shard of glass and it holds chemicals and when it snaps it makes a big click sound that makes a glow inside the stick.

What I think now (after seeing Miss C cut open the tube)
My prediction was wrong after getting information from other people I was right.

What I think now (after researching) I found out that when you crack a glow stick you you crack a glass and it makes a chemical reaction. Inside the glass tube is Hydrogen peroxide and in the plastic is dye and cyalume, the chemical reaction makes it glow.


Who created these?

Why did they create this?

How did they create this? 

Synthesis is the progress at the start at the end of learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment