Chapter 1 Personal Awareness
Part 2 - Health p23 - 30
1. What edition of the Child Safety Handbook is this?
2. Where does the information in the CSH come from?
A. 900 Degrees
3. What is a disclaimer and why is there a disclaimer in the CSH?
A disclaimer is like a contract. The disclaimer is in the handbook because it is saying if you decide to change the way you are and become ill it is not there fault.
4. What are 3 medical conditions which can develop as a result of being overweight in childhood?
Bulimia Nervosa, Anorexia Nervosa and Binge-eating Disorder
5. What is the recommendation for
- television? 2 hours a day.
- rewards for good behaviour? healthy snacks instead of sweets.
- number of meals and snacks per day? 3 meals and 2 snacks.
- exercise? 2 hours a day
- salt? choose food with a low supply of salt.
- milk? 2 cups a day.
- soft drinks? have milk and water instead of fizzy drinks.
6. True or False?
- Boys have more body fat than girls. False
- Being a vegetarian can affect your iron levels. True
- Children under 4 years ols shouldn’t eat raw carrots.True
- It is safe to store leftover food in cans. False
7. Name 7 things children can be allergic to? Animals, Nuts, Plants, Dust, Weather, Chemicals, Bee stings.
8. How would you know that you have asthma? Coughing during the night.
9. How many times a day should you brush your teeth?
10. What should you do if your tooth gets knocked out in an accident? Put it in milk and take it to the dentist in 1 hour.